* Fact: Not all doctors purchase their injectables from official sources, putting their patients at risk as a result.
* Fact: The FDA recently took action again against illegal drug importation by issuing an alert about fraudulent BOTOX®/BOTOX® Cosmetic purchased from an unlicensed supplier that is not authorized to ship or distribute drugs within the United States.
* Fact: The only way to purchase authentic Allergan products is through an Allergan representative or one of their authorized distributors.
* Fact: Black market pharmaceuticals have questionable efficacy, may contain harmful ingredients that aren’t meant for human consumption or for intravenous use, and are often mishandled and improperly stored with potentially tragic results.
* Fact: Allergan does not guarantee the authenticity of any product not purchased directly from one of their reps, regardless as to whether that product appears to be a branded Allergan product.
* Fact: Patients who pay for discounted counterfeit products often end up unhappy and seek our expertise in correcting the issues.
* Fact: What you don’t know can hurt you.
When these unscrupulous physicians choose to save money by purchasing from unverified third-party vendors, they’re also making vicarious decisions for every single patient that may someday walk in their clinic door. They are not only risking their license, they’re simultaneously putting their patients’ health and even life in the balance. Knockoff drugs may seem like a bargain, but the ultimate cost could be devastatingly expensive.
As if purchasing and administrating questionable products wasn’t egregious enough, physicians who decline to purchase directly from Allergan also lose out on the intensive and detailed training the company offers. Dr. Irene Gladstein is a Platinum Plus Allergan Partner belonging to the top 5% of injectors in the country. She is also an official Allergan Trainer, chosen by Allergan to help educate other medical professionals as to the proper methods and techniques for administering neurotoxins and fillers. In this capacity, Dr. Gladstein uses her knowledge and expertise to protect not only her own patients but also to help better the industry as a whole.
We value our patients and thrive on providing them with incredible experiences and procedural outcomes based on honesty, extensive training, and mutual respect. We welcome the opportunity to educate the consumer on everything from our relationship with purveyors like Allergan to the recommended dosages for the products those patients elect to use.
The best way you can protect yourself as you pursue aesthetic enhancements is to have thorough consultations prior to having any services rendered and ask extensively about the products offered and the injectors available. First time consultations are always complimentary at THE ENHANCERS, as it is our pleasure to educate and serve our community.