Dr. Irene Gladstein – chosen as the official trainer for Sculptra Aesthetics!March 2, 2014
What makes Venus Freeze® Superior?March 10, 2014
Injections can enhance our faces dramatically, and the results go a long way. Post-treatment, however, some of us are more prone to bruising and swelling than others. We want to provide you with some tips on how to minimize the down time, and make your enhancements more seamless.
- Avoid taking blood thinners, Aspirin or Ibuprofen, up to two weeks prior to injections.
*If taking any blood thinners for conditions like high blood pressure or heart disease, DO NOT discontinue your medications – sustaining your health takes priority over bruises.
- Stop taking Vitamin E, Garlic, Fish Oil, or Ginko Biloba for up to two weeks prior to injections, as these can also increase the risk of bruising. Consider taking Homeopathic Arnica capsules a few days prior to treatment. You can purchase Arnica at our office for your convenience.
- Avoid alcoholic Beverages for up to two weeks prior to injections.
- Try to avoid heavy aerobic exercise on the day of your treatment as it increases blood flow to the tissue, thereby increasing chances of bruising.
- Refrain from exercise for 24-48 hours after a dermal filler treatment to minimize the risk of excessive swelling and bruising due to increased blood flow and potential small blood vessel raptures during intense exercise.
- Avoiding saunas, steam rooms, and Jacuzzis is also highly advised!
- If possible, avoid flying for 2-7 days after a filler of Botox injections, to prevent cabin pressure from intervening with how the filler settles or prolonging any side-effects.
- Use an arnica-based cream on the injected area for a few days after treatment. You can purchase our Recover cream with your treatment.