What is LED Light Therapy?
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, which is a tiny computer chip encased in glass. Each LED wavelength (color) of light provides unique therapeutic benefits. LED is non-invasive, painless, and requires no recovery time. LED light therapy may be used in conjunction with many other treatments/procedures to promote benefits and/or calm the skin post-procedure.
Top benefits of LED Light Therapy:
- Reduces and eliminates fine lines and wrinkles
- Maintains the skin’s youthful appearance and firms and tones tired skin
- Relieves arthritis pain, muscle and joint pain, stiffness, and increases local blood
- Destroys acne-causing bacteria to minimize breakouts and help soothe and calm the skin
- Promotes a more even skin tone
- Helps energize and restore balance for optimal skin function
- Calms and reduces redness
- Produces a radiant glow
- Extreme sensitivity to light -migraines brought on by bright light
- Use of photosensitizing drugs
- Melasma or hyperpigmentation exacerbated by mild warmth
- Accutane should be discontinued 6 months in advance of treatment
- Clients should seek medical approval for use during pregnancy, have suspicious lesions or skin cancers, or are being treated for any serious health condition