Prior to your injections
As with any injection, cosmetic injections may cause swelling and bruising. Most episodes are very mild and resolve shortly.
- To reduce chances of bruising, please avoid the following for 1-2 weeks prior to your visit: any form of alcohol, aspirin, medications containing ibuprofen, and supplements with Vitamin E, Fish Oil, and other herbal supplements.
- To aid in faster recovery, take Arnica capsules prior to and after the procedure (available for purchase in our offices).
Post-Treatment Instructions for ENHANCE Exclusive Procedures
ENHANCE Butt – Sculptra Butt Lift
- The day of the procedure–please shower while paying special attention to the area of injection but do not apply any skin care products.
- 5 – 5 – 5 Rule: Perform a point pressure massage to the treatment area (as instructed by our medical staff) 5 times a day, for 5 minutes each time, for a duration of 5 days. Using powerful electric percussion massager or professional massage services is recommended due to hard to reach areas
- Avoid general exercising for 5 days after the treatment, and exercise of the butt muscles such as squats for 7 days. Please note that mild tenderness with exercise in the area is normal beyond 5-7 days.
- Avoid sun and UV sunlamp exposure, as well as hot baths, saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools for 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid any skin care products to the area for at least 24 hours
- Bruising is normal and may appear within days after the initial injection
ENHANCE Hair – PRP Hair Restoration
- The day the of the procedure–please shampoo your hair BUT avoid any hair care products such as gels and mousses. Consider bringing head gear to wear after the procedure
- We will apply numbing cream prior to the procedure. Please expect that your hair will be greasy after we are done. While shorter hair could be cleaned in the office, longer hair will need to be shampooed in 8-12 hours at home
- Avoid using any other hair care products for 12 hours. You may return to your normal hair routine after that.
- Avoid sun and UV sunlamp exposure to the scalp for 48 hours after treatment
- Wait at least 1 week before using any chemical hair color.
- Avoid any blood thinners for 1 week after treatment, including vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, Essential Fatty Acid.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid medications like aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Iburprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti inflammatory medications for 72 hours. We want inflammation to occur for a better response. If you have any pains, Tylenol (acetaminophen) is ok to take in appropriate doses.
ENHANCE Rescue – Hyaluronidase Treatment
- 5 – 5 – 5 Rule: Perform a point pressure massage to the treatment area (as instructed by our medical staff) 5 times a day, for 5 minutes each time, for a duration of 5 days to achieve the best results
- Avoid make up or skin care until the end of the day of injection
- Experiencing temporary swelling for a few days is normal. To decrease swelling, avoid drinking fluids before bedtime and prop yourself up on several pillows at night
ENHANCE Skin PRP – Viva PRP Resurfacing
- You may experience swelling, redness and itching for 24-48 hours after your procedure, accompanied by a warm emanating from the treated area.
- Do not apply ice or cooling compresses as the heat response is the body’s natural healing response.
- Use the recommended Hydrating Cream several times a day to aid in the healing process and keep skin hydrated.
- Avoid saunas, jacuzzis, and pools for 24 hours
- Avoid putting on makeup for 24 hours. Following, it is important that you remove all make up that is applied to the skin at night. Do not sleep with make up on the treated area.
- Sun avoidance should become a permanent component of your long-term skin care program. Always use an SPF 30 or greater.
- In addition to sun avoidance, we suggest all clients use long-term skin care that will optimize the youthful, rejuvenated appearance you have achieved. At ENHANCE, we offer customized skin care regiments with medical grade products for the long-term maintenance of your skin health and resilience. Please ask our skincare specialist about your skincare needs.
Post-Treatment Instructions For Injectables
FILLERS(RADIESSE, JUVEDERM, RESTYLANE, PERLANE, BELOTERO, VOLUMA)
- Avoid facial massages to the treated area for a week.
- Avoid applying make up to your face until the end of the day.
- We recommend waiting 7 days before doing a HydraFacial or other skin treatments.
- LIPS ONLY: Avoid smoking, whistling, drinking from a straw, and French kissing for at least 24 hours after treatment. Be advised, your lips and mouth will remain numb for a few hours after the treatment; please avoid consuming hot liquids to prevent burning and be careful with eating.
- Consider taking ibuprofen and or/anti-histamine AFTER lip injections to minimize temporary swelling.
NEUROTOXINS (BOTOX, DYSPORT, XEOMIN)
- Avoid hot baths, saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, and hot yoga for 24 hours after treatment. Showers may be taken, as long as they’re not too hot.
- Avoid lying down for 2 hours post treatment.
- Avoid intense cardiovascular exercise for 24 hours (i.e. cycling, running, etc…).
- You should expect to see the neurotoxin’s full effect from 3 days up to 2 weeks.
- If you receive a chemical brow lift treatment, you will be advised to return in 2 weeks for a touch-up of residual lines above your brows as needed.
- We recommend waiting 5 days before doing a HydraFacial or other skin treatments.
SCULPTRA (POLY-L-LACTIC ACID INJECTION)
- Within 24 hours post treatment apply an ice pack or ice wrapped in a cloth to the treatment area to help reduce swelling (avoid putting ice directly on your skin).
- 5-5-5 Rule: Please perform pressure point massage (as instructed by our medical staff) to the treatment area 5 times a day, for 5 minutes each time, for a duration of 5 days. This will help the solution distribute evenly.
- After treatment, please avoid sleeping on your side. Attempt to sleep on your back or rotate sides. (A roller neck or memory foam contour pillow is recommended to help sleep on your back)
- Please avoid sun and UV sunlamp exposure, as well as hot baths, saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools for 24 hours after treatment.
- We recommend waiting 7 days before doing a HydraFacial or other skin treatments.
Post-Treatment Guidelines for Non-Invasive Procedures
- Immediately after the treatment, you may experience swelling, redness, and warm sensation in the treated area.
- If you are treating an area for circumference and fat reduction, remember to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. We also encourage light exercise following the procedure, such as a brisk walk, or your usual exercise routine to help your body metabolize the treated fat cells.
- Remember, results are NOT instantaneous and improvements will continue for up to 6 months from the initial treatment.
- Results vary with each individual based on their body’s response to the treatment.
- Repeat the treatment plan to achieve maximum results
- Maintain the desired result by treating the area once every 3 months.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Handle your treatment area gently and avoid shaving for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid hot baths, aerobic exercise and massages for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Protect your treatment areas from direct exposure to sun or artificial sunlight for 3 weeks before and 3 weeks after treatment and use broad spectrum sunscreen with total block protection. Tanning after sessions may result in discolorations.
- Apply Aloe Vera or Hydrocortisone cream to the treatment areas to ease possible temporary discomfort. Ice packs may also be used if swelling occurs.
- Make-up may be applied immediately after facial treatments unless blistering or crusts develop. Since the skin is sensitive during this period, take special care while removing makeup to avoid irritation and damage.
- You should return for an examination of the treatment site between 4-6 weeks after treatment at which time you may proceed with the follow up treatment.
- Avoid using products containing Retinol or Retin-A two days prior and post treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please use a medicated ointment for 2-3 days after your treatment to avoid an outbreak.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen for at least 3 days after treatment.*Daily use of sunscreen is always recommended to protect skin from premature aging, hyper-pigmentation, and the risk of skin cancer.